Jalapeno Popper Dip

I made this once before when I was a vegetarian and it was so amazing.  Friday night I attended my friend Allie's birthday party which was a chips and dip party.  I though this would be the perfect opportunity to make this dip again Vegan style.  Both of my local stores were out of the regular tofutti so I had to use the herbs and chives kind.  I think it adds to the flavors, but you can use either kind.  I have to say this version is just as delicious as the first time I made it.  I highly recommend this one for any gathering.

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Ingredients:
16 ozs.  Tofutti Cream Cheese (2 Tubs, regular or herbs and chives)
1 Cup Veganaise
1 Cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
8 oz. Sliced Jalapenos and liquid

1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/2 Cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Earth Balance Butter

Directions:
*Combine 1st 5 ingredients in a medium size bowl.  Either with a hand held mixer or with a spoon.  Mix well.  Do not drain peppers, use the liquid too.  
*Spread into a greased 2 quart dish.
*In a separate small bowl combine last 3 ingredients.  Sprinkle over dip.
*Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes
*Serve with toasted french bread :) or crackers.




1 Response to "Jalapeno Popper Dip"

  1. Danielle Says:

    This dip rocked my world Friday night!

Post a Comment