Corn Fritters

Sunday, July 25, 2010 8:08 AM by Missy Coppage
Found this recipe in:  Vegan Yum Yum by Lauren Ulm
I made these as a quick easy dinner with a green salad on the side and they were so delicious. As a sauce to accompany them I mixed Vegenaise with a little Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.  It was a perfect addition.

Corn Fritters

















1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Cornmeal
3/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Tony Chacheres or Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 Cup Soy or Rice Milk
1/4 Cup Water
1 1/2 - 2 Cups Fresh Corn  ( I used frozen and it worked great)
1 to 2 Tbsp Oil for Frying

*Combine Flour, Cornmeal, Salt, Baking Powder, Tony's, Cumin, and Paprika in a bowl
*Add Soy Milk and Water to dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
*Fold in corn
*Heat a skillet with oil to med-high heat
*When oil is hot, spoon out fritters about 1 Tbsp at a time and flatten with the back of a spoon.
*Cook until golden brown.  (edges will turn brown and bubbles will form on top similar to pancakes)
*Flip and cook again.
*Set on a paper towel to drain before serving.
*Enjoy :)

4 Response to "Corn Fritters"

  1. Dawn Says:

    I am so excited about this recipe! My boyfriend loves monkey bread, and now I can make this version without feeling quite so guilty. :)

  2. The Cooking Lady Says:

    I just made the corn fritters, and all I can say is...'Can I marry you?'

    These were awesome!!! We already make corn dogs, but this was on that line, minus the dogs and with some real corn. Man oh man!!!!!

  3. William Lusk Coppage Says:

    This has been one of my favorite dishes/side dishes so far. We ended up having salad and corn fritters. They were so delicious.

  4. Unknown Says:

    We are happy to flavor up all lifestyles and cuisines! Thanks for using Tony Chachere's!

    Cindy Ardoin
    Food Scientist
    Tony Chachere's

Post a Comment